Skip to Main Content
Boards & Committees
Active Boards, Committees & Commissions
Land Use Planning and Preservation
Preserving Weston's Rural Character
Volume 2 - Architecture
Kendal Common Area
1) Campbell, Robert, “Architects Collaborative closes doors after 50 years,” Boston Globe, May 5, 1995.
2) Carriere, Dean, Solar Houses for a Cold Climate (John Wiley & Sons, Toronto), 1980.
3) Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Articles of Organization for Kendal Common, Incorporated under General Laws, Chapter 156, Section 10 (December 14, 1948)
4) Fogel, Daniel, “Kendal Common: Building Towards a Better Life,” promotional brochure, 1952.
5) Middlesex Country Registry of Deeds, So. District. Registered Land, Book 449/57.
6) Town of Weston, Poll Tax Lists and Street Lists, 1950-1960.
7) 1997 Interview by Pamela W. Fox with Norman and Jeanne Saunders.
8 ) 2003 interviews by Pamela W. Fox with Arthur Uhlir Jr., Polly Guild, Richard and Mildred Seguin, Helen Marden (by telephone), Ruth Brotman (by telephone), and Gene Castillo (by telephone).
9) Photographs of early Kendal Common houses, social events and persons are owned by Arthur Uhlir, Jr., who also has sets of plans for several houses.
10) Fox, Pamela W., Farm Town to Suburb: The History and Architecture of Weston, Massachusetts, 1830-1980 (Peter Randall Publishers, 2002), p. 231-236.
Government Websites by
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow