518 South Avenue
200 180 rental units on 4.5 acres within 9.5 total acres
The Hanover Company, working with 518 South Ave LLC, has filed a Comprehensive Permit application with the Zoning Board of Appeals for Hanover Weston.
The Comprehensive Permit public hearing process with the Zoning Board of Appeals opened on August 19, 2019; however, based on updated land area calculations from the Town Planner and working with Town Counsel, the Board invoked Safe Harbor. On March 15, 2021, the Housing Appeals Court denied the Town's claim and ordered the comprehensive permit hearing process to reopen. The Town has 180 days to complete the hearing process. The hearings reopened on April 7, 2021.
Receive notice and follow the public hearing process by subscribing to receive meeting and/or agenda notifications of the ZBA at westonma.gov/stayinformed
Additional documents relating to peer reviews and public or staff comments are available on the Project Library reference web page.
The Board of Appeals granted the applicant's request to extend the time to complete the hearing process to November 30, 2021.
On November 21, 2021, the Board received a request to grant an extension of the 180 days to close the public hearing.
On November 22, 2021, the Board received a revised set of documents and plans, shown below.
- 518 South Ave Comprehensive Permit Package 11.22.21
- 518 South Ave CP Groundwater Model Report 11.22.21
- 518 South Ave CP Hanover Weston Comprehensive Permit Submission Transmittal 11.22.21
- 518 South Ave CP Requested Waiver List 11.22.21
- 518 South Ave CP Stormwater Infiltration Data Report 11.22.21
- 518 South Ave Stormwater Management Report 11.22.21
- Hanover Weston Comprehensive Permit Submission Cover Letter 11.22.21
- Hanover Weston Traffic Impact and Access Study-Updated 5.13.21 (PDF)
- Vanasse Associates 518 South Ave cover letter sight distances 7 13 2021 (PDF)
- Vanasse Associates 518 South Ave Revised Sight Distance Figures 7 13 2021 (PDF)
- C-4 Layout Plan - Stamped 9-30-21 (PDF)
- C-5 Layout Plan - Stamped 9-30-21 (PDF)
- Autoturn-1 fire truck 9-30-21
- Autoturn-2 fire truck 9-30-21
- Autoturn-7 Delivery 9-30-21
- Autoturn-6 move-in 9-30-21
- Autoturn-5 Trash 9-30-21
- Autoturn-4 fire truck 9-30-21
- Autoturn-3 fire truck 9-30-21
- Vanasse Associates 518 South Ave Cover Letter revised project 180 units 9-29-21 (PDF)
Filed July 2, 2019, Hearing opened Aug. 19
- Agreement for Extension of Hearing Deadline - July 11, 2019 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Permit Application (PDF)
- Hanover Weston Cover Letter and Table of Contents (PDF)
- Preliminary Architectural Plans (PDF)
- Preliminary Utility Plans (PDF)
- Project Narrative (PDF)
- Report on Existing Conditions (PDF)
- Signed Project Eligibility Letter (PDF)
- Site Development Plans (PDF)
- Town GIS Map (PDF)
- Waiver List (PDF)
- Traffic Impact Analysis - July 2, 2019 (PDF)
- Fiscal Impact Analysis - July 2, 2019 (PDF)
- Superseding Order of Resource Area Delineation - Aug. 2019 (PDF)