- Our Community
- About Weston
- Weston Public Schools
Weston Public Schools
There are five schools in Weston Public Schools (WPS):
- Country School (K - grade 3)
- Woodland School (k - grade 3)
- Field School (grades 4 and 5)
- Weston Middle School (grades 6 - 8)
- Weston High School (grades 9-12)
Since 1999, WPS has had an integrated pre-school with classrooms at Woodland and Country Schools to educate children with special needs from the age of three.
- The Elementary programs are designed to take advantage of the natural curiosity of children. The emphasis is on flexibility and individualization of instruction.
- The Upper Elementary, grades 4 and 5, builds the academic and social independence of Middle School where students are still nurtured by the homeroom structure as students begin to have greater responsibilities for homework and extra-curricular activities.
- The Middle School program is organized in a house system, with students in each house sharing the same set of subject matter teachers. This arrangement allows for a more personal and supervised education appropriate for young adolescents.
- Weston High School offers its students a comprehensive and diversified program. SAT Scores at Weston High School are consistently among the top public schools in Massachusetts and College Placements are consistently near the top in Massachusetts in percentage of public school graduates entering four-year colleges
Since 1967, Weston has participated in METCO, (Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity), a voluntary desegregation program that brings approximately 167 students, grades K-12, from Boston to Weston’s schools.
To learn more about student performance please refer to WPS Performance Reports.