As Town Officials await guidance from the state, the Town Clerk is preparing now for absentee and mail-in voting to alleviate in-person voting crowds.
A new state law has been passed clarifying the set conditions for absentee voting to include considerations as related to COVID-19. It is the opinion of this office that you qualify for an absentee ballot due to physical disability if:
- You are ill;
- You are confined to your home because you may transmit infection; or
- You cannot leave your home because you are a member of a population vulnerable to illness;
- You are staying in your home or avoiding your polling place as a precautionary measure in response to COVID-19
Mail-in Early Voting
Additionally, the state law has been updated to allow for early voting by mail for any election held on or before August 31st. Early voting by mail is similar to absentee voting, but no set conditions are required to be met.
We encourage residents who are not able to go to the polls to submit an Absentee Ballot Application (PDF), now.
Residents interested in early voting by mail, should request a Municipal Early Ballot Application (PDF), now.
- It is recommended that requests for absentee ballots be sent early
- Early Voting will be available by mail only
- There is no in-person Early Voting for the Annual Town Election
- The date of the Town Election will be publicized, once determined
Where to Send Completed Applications
Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Weston Town Clerk, P.O. Box 378, Weston, MA. 02493. Additionally, a secured drop-box is located outside of Town Hall, to the left of the double glass doors, for persons wishing to hand-deliver their application.
If you have requested an absentee ballot to be mailed to an address that is no longer current, please notify the Town Clerk’s office by email at email@example.com or submit a new absentee ballot application.
If you have any questions, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 781-786-5015 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org