Apply now to vote by mail for the State Primary and the Town Election to alleviate in-person voting crowds by submitting your Vote by Mail Application (PDF). If you have already submitted an Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) or a Municipal Early Ballot Application (PDF), you DO NOT need to submit a Vote by Mail Application.
Applications and ballots can be dropped off in a secure drop box next to the double glass doors at Town Hall.
Prepare NOW for State and Local Elections
Residents who are either:
- not able to physically report to the polls on election day
- wish to vote by mail in order to avoid in-person voting due to continuing coronavirus concerns
are encouraged to submit a Vote by Mail Application (PDF). This application in postcard form was also mailed out to registered voters from the Secretary of State.
When you return the Vote by Mail Application, a ballot will be mailed to you in time for the election. If you select “All 2020 Elections,” you will receive the Town Election ballot by mail, as well as the State Election ballot for November.
Vote by Mail Application Deadlines
The deadline to submit your Vote by Mail application (or absentee ballot application) are as follows:
- State Primary: August 26, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- Town Election: September 3, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
*note that if you select "All 2020 Elections," the application must be submitted by the earliest deadline
Where to Send Completed Applications
Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Weston Town Clerk, P.O. Box 378, Weston, MA. 02493. Additionally, a secured drop box is located outside of Town Hall, to the left of the double glass doors, for persons wishing to hand-deliver their application.
Previous Absentee/Municipal 2020 Ballot Requests
If you have already submitted an Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) or a Municipal Early Ballot Application (PDF), you DO NOT need to submit a Vote by Mail Application. Your request will be applied the same.
If you have requested an absentee ballot to be mailed to an address that is no longer current, please notify the Town Clerk’s office by email at email@example.com or submit a new Vote by Mail Application (PDF).
Absentee Ballot Request (other reasons)
Voters should request an Absentee Ballot Application for reasons such as:
- military/overseas voters
- admitted into healthcare facility or are self-quarantine within a week of the election
- request the ballot on behalf of another voter
Early In-Person Voting for the State Primary
This is only for the State Primary. There is no early voting for the Town Election. To vote in person for the State Primary, report to Town Hall, 11 Town House Road:
- Sat., Aug. 22 - 8am to 1pm
- Sun., Aug. 23 - 8am to 1pm
- Mon., Aug. 24 - 8:30am to 5pm
- Tue., Aug. 25 - 8:30am to 5pm
- Wed., Aug. 26 - 8:30am to 5pm
- Thurs., Aug. 27 - 8:30am to 5pm
- Fri., Aug. 28 - 8:30am to 5pm
In Person Voting, Day of
Remaining 2020 Election dates are as follows:
- State Primary: Tuesday, September 1, 2020, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Annual Town Election: Thursday, September 10, 2020, from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- State Election: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Residents wanting to vote in person should understand that voting booths will be limited in number and they should anticipate longer wait times, including the possibility of waiting outside, due to required social distancing and other protective measures. If you want to avoid this situation but want to hand-deliver your ballot, you should request a vote by mail application and hand-deliver your ballot within the supplied envelope to the secure drop box outside Town Hall (next to the double glass doors). Those ballots should be delivered before the times and dates for in-person voting, as listed above.
Changes to Polling Locations
For residents who wish to vote in person, please note the following changes to local polling locations.
For State and Presidential Elections:
- Precincts 1 and 2 are to report to Town Hall Auditorium (former polling location was the Methodist Church and St. Peters)
- Precincts 3 and 4 are to report to the Community Center (former polling location was St. Demetrios)
For the Annual Town Election
- All four precincts report to the Town Hall Auditorium
Voter Registration Deadlines
The deadlines to register to vote are as follows:
- State Primary: August 22 from 2 to 4pm and 7 to 8pm
- Town Election and Annual Town Meeting (you must be registered to vote in Weston): August 31 from 2 to 4pm and 7 to 8pm
- State Election: October 24 from 2 to 4pm and 7 to 8pm
You may register to vote online or in person. If you are unsure of your registration status, you can check online.
If you have any questions, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 781-786-5015 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org