Tips for Being Prepared: Protect Yourself or Respond to a COVID-19 Infection
- Staying up to date with your vaccination and booster(s) against COVID-19 to prevent severe infection and hospitalization,
- Having well-fitting masks on hand for use as needed in crowded indoor settings where social distancing is not possible and,
- Keeping antigen rapid self-tests on hand at home if you are symptomatic or exposed to an infected close contact:
- Pick up a free test kit and instructions on when to use a self-test for COVID-19 at the Board of Health office at Town Hall, Weston Public Library, or the Council on Aging during business hours while supplies last, or
- Use your health insurance to get kits from many major drugstore chains, or
- Order free kits to be mailed to your home at www.COVID.gov/tests.
If you test positive isolate and seek treatment if you are at risk for severe infection.
Please use the Town of Weston Board of Health website at www.WestonMA.gov/health for complete instructions and information about where to get a vaccination, booster or what to do if you test positive.